Ive worked in hospitality for 15 years and traveled all over and This resort is the worst! Mind you I’m still currently staying here and if i had the money I would leave immediately! It’s all inclusive , but it’s really not! If you arrive after 3pm, the only food open to you is the buffet. The “sports” bar has limited menu with subpar bar food (frozen food thawed out and warmed up) room service closes at 9pm, but they close a few minutes before that. Don’t bother trying to call from you room for anything because it’s ring without answer. Had to walk to the desk to tell them I wanted room service! What if I had an emergency (this is a huge liability). I came yesterday and the only entertainment they had was a second hand “magic” show ended at 10:15. No dancing no music no fun. Alcohol is like is nonexistent or cheap. I know it’s less expensive but spend a little bit more for somewhere else’s where the food great food and fun environment. This is for my 40th birthday and this propertu makes it feel dull, boring, and hungry. The only reason I gave 1 star because the master suite we had was clean, spacious, and up to date
Serenade Punta Canada :)
Jan 23, 2023
I travelled to Punta Cana Serenade with my husband and 4 year old son Jan 15th-19th 2023. Overall, I would rate my experience with this resort a 7.5/10. Here is a breakdown of our experience. We booked our vacation package via air transat and overall no complaints at all with the flight. Flight was on time both ways and we had absolutely no issues with luggage or check in.
We pre booked a private saloon via air transat with a company called talixo to take us to and from the airport to our resort. I have to say, I was quite impressed because even prior to landing in punta cana, I received a prompt message on my phone re: the driver's contact information and where to meet. The driver was on time and the ride to and from was comfortable. The only issue I had with talixo was trying to orchestrate a car seat for my 4 year old- although they did have a car seat, it was for an infant so we did not end up using it.
The resort: 8/10
We arrived around 5:30pm and check in was a breeze. The lobby itself was large, spacious with lots of seating areas. It was well ventilated. The resort is a nice size which allows you to explore all areas without getting overwhelmed or exhausted. The lobby itself had a few bars, a night club and a few of the a la carte restaurants. As far as I am aware, the resort does not offer a tour of their amenities but the resort is small enough that you can easily find your way around. In addition to the pools, bars and restaurants, the resort also has a spa, gym, adult games room and souvenir shop.
Hotel Room: 6/10
We rode a gold cart to our room which was a nice touch. We booked a luxury swim out and thoroughly enjoyed the pool. I was underwhelmed by the room itself- It was clean and had all the accessories that a basic hotel room comes equipped with. One major drawback of the hotel room are the showers which I think have been noted in several reviews. Our shower had a see through glass onlooking the main living area. Though the glass did have a privacy pattern on it, it was far from maintaining privacy- just a thought if travelling with family or friends. At one point during our stay we did experience somewhat of a malodor from our bathroom which smelled like sewage. We suspect the mopping left a bad smell. We had to keep the sliding doors open and fan on daily to air out the room. With re: to housekeeping and refilling fridge, housekeeping was mediocre ( no fancy towel swans or flowers) and refilling of water bottles only happened if we called for it. Note: you rely heavily on bottle waters here as the tap water is not safe for drinking or brushing your teeth with.
The resort itself had great pools and an awesome kids area which my child spent most of their time in. The water was cooler than expected given the time of our trip but the beach was wonderful! The seaweed did not bother us one bit. The beach itself was busy but we were able to always find lounge chairs. The swimming pools were not overly crowded. The kids indoor play area was an added touch which my son really enjoyed. The resort has a theatre on site which offered kids programs and entertainment every evening. Wed did not participate in any adult night life activities so I cannot comment on this part of the experience.
With re: to food, the buffet offers B/L/D and so much variety; we were able to find something to suit all our palates. My child is a picky eater and he enjoyed the buffet very much! Pasta, pizza, stir fry, grilling stations- every night, there was a different experience to look forward to. I am vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me. My husband enjoyed the seafood and meat options. The a La carte restaurants include a steak place, an asian place (teppanyaki), sushi and Peruvian as well as Italian and Mediterranean. We got bookings for the Mediterranean /Italian and Asian. In my opinion the food at the a la cartes were subpar and the the service at the Italian restaurant moves like icebergs. The snack bar and mexican buffet were great choices as well and offered a variety of food that we enjoyed. Overall the drinks were very enjoyable and I have to honestly say, I did not have to wait to be serviced at any of the bars.
Things to note:
1. Tipping: Tipping is welcomed and we did bring extra USD for tipping. I found most of our tips went to the bartenders, housekeeping staff and bartenders.
2. One thing I do want readers to be aware of are the "expand" membership staff. This has been identified in other reviews but immediately after our check in, a hotel staff member with an "expand logo" on their shirt quickly tried to show us around- we thought this was part of the hotel welcome but to our dismay we got coaxed into meeting this staff member the following day to what ended up being a waste of almost 60 min trying to get us to buy into their expand club membership. If you see anyone wearing a beige expand logo- be weary that they are likely trying to get a commission off luring you to commit to a 2 hr session on the membership.
3. There is a small souvenir shop at the resort but prices were astronomical. They do carry extras such as sunblock, Soap, lotion that you may have missed.
Overall we did have a great trip. I hope this review helps others with their stay.
A week at Serenade Punta Cana
(New York City, New York)
Jan 22, 2023
Excellent resort looking forward to returning with my kids. When you arrive make sure you go downstairs and make a reservation for one of the specialty restaurants. However the buffet is always being updated. We loved the pools, steak house and Mediterranean restaurant. Don’t be mislead by the negative reviews. If you do not wish to complete the sales tour don’t!
New well equipped resort, good for families with small kids, but a customer service needs to be improved to get real 5*
(New York City, New York)
Jan 21, 2023
This hotel is good for a price. We stayed with a family of three including a toddler. It was super clean, good food, modern rooms. But the restaurant service is 4* maximum. So if you except Luxury, you will be upset. The main buffet is good, but the Itzen has 3* of services level on my opinion.
They had a plenty of entertainment options for adults and kids. My child was entertained always. They had wonderful Michael Jackson show at the theater and other events, outside singers, dance shows. Also they take care of their beach, they remove seaweed that occurs all beaches of Caribbeans last decade because of the climate change.
But I have some things to say that I didn’t like.
1. We came in January. It was North cold wind for a few days and the water temperature was 26C in the Ocean and in their pools pools, which is cold for a baby. They promised “jacuzzi” in the hotel description. Jacuzzi always means “hot tube”. But their jacuzzi was cold. So my little one didn’t swim and we were upset because we relied on pools in case the ocean would be cold.
2. 5* hotel means that you will not stay with no shaded beach or pool chair and will not fight for a place everyday. The guests just leave the towels all day and night unused. We came to the pool or beach at 8 am, and all the beach chairs had towels and nobody around for hours. They need to fix this huge problem. They should assign a place for each guest or they should take the towels if they are unattended for some hours.
3. The game machines just grab money and don’t work. We asked crew to return our money and to fix the machines cause it ruins the experience when you come to play with kids and have fun. They promised to refund at the reception but never did it.
4. When you book 5* you expect all crew will be friendly and smiling. Sometimes I didn’t feel it. When I reserved a restaurant, when I got ice cream I felt uncomfortable.
Jan 21, 2023
Great place went here with my family to get away, service was amazing and so was the food. They have many restaurants that you can choose from and with it being all inclusive makes everything so much better. Blanding yessica estarly Jose niuton and Alberto pool #2.