Not a great experience.
Booked 3 rooms, arrived around 9pm for a one night stay, dropped our bags off and headed to the bar for a meal, half the group ordered two beers first, the second half ordered cocktails and took to the table, the server who poured the drinks came over 10 mins later and asked for ID (which is supposed to be done when ordering I am told...) one of the group didn't have ID on him as it was in the room, rather than ask for the ID to be brought from the room, the server reached over just took the drink away.. and to add insult to injury charged for the drink, I have no issue with asking for ID but this should be done and all sorted when the order is placed, I did reach out to the hotel but no reply was given.
Room are ok, pretty old, but do for a short stay, breakfast was decent.
Had it not been for the experience, I would be more positive, it should have been handled much better and not so aggressive.
Comfortable hotel with a cool mid century vibe.
Jan 05, 2024
Fantastic hotel, if you need a place to stay or staycation in Vancouver I highly recommend it. Very comfortable rooms and beds, great views, friendly staff and a cool mid century vibe. Central location very close to Stanley park. Loved it would come back.
More like a 3.5 star - disappointed
Dec 25, 2023
I wish I could give it a 3.5 stars since 4 stars is a bit generous for this hotel. I was really disappointed with the stay.
- The mobile check in was really easy and it was nice that we could just go up to our room with our dog and bypass the small lineup at the front desk, by using our mobile key.
- The staff was nice and helpful and always willing to genuinely want to help,
- The outdoor pool area with the barrel saunas is beautiful and we really enjoyed it
- The view and location are amazing
- The self parking area (and valet parking) is horrible. It is across the street from the Westin, and it is pretty disgusting. I understand that it is public parking and not part of the Westin per se but if the Westin gets their guest to use it and charges for it they should spend some of that money to clean it up! The parking elevator area and elevator itself is a horror show and looks like it hasn’t been cleaned up since 1990 .
- The room was very dated - when we walked in we both said “oh…” instead of “wow!”. The bathroom was big with large bathroom counter but the shower had half glass door instead of a full closing door which meant water on the floor. Also the shower had just a rain shower head without a handheld shower head which just doesn’t clean you as well .
The toilet was not enclosed / not separated and was just in the bathroom where two feet away was also the closet where you hung all your clothes…..what the….?! Not very sanitary!
- The spa / pool area did not have a separate entrance from a different floor and you had to walk with your robes through the lobby, right next to all the bars and restaurants - which is a pet peeve of mine. Not only this, but the spa did not even have a change room! The first night when we asked one of the staff, they told us we can change in the single washroom stall in the lobby…..this was just terrible. We had no choice but to come down from our room in our robes through the front lobby. We have stayed at tens of hotels around the world and have never heard so many people comment on our spa robe attire as much as when we stayed at the Westin Bayshore. People were saying how we look like we are part of the Westin brochure or that it must be a spa day for us, etc ….they were nice but we just felt awkward!
As I said above, the outdoor pool area was great but the inside pool area which was separate and you had to walk across the hall to get to, was terrible. It was very dated, with a tiny 4 person jacuzzi which was permanently full.
Speaking of spa..I didn’t care much about the quality of the robes we had in the room, and in addition we had to call down to get slippers because there were none in the room.
- The in room dining was fast and the food was pretty good but one of the plates was dirty - come on Westin ! Quality control !
First and last time at the Westin Bayshore .
A lovely pre-Christmas stay
(White Rock, Canada)
Dec 24, 2023
Lovely two night stay just before Christmas. Staff were great and the room clean, comfortable and lovely view. Hotel was on Stayvancouver and a super deal. The Christmas decorations in and around the hotel, not to mind all of the “Liven up Coal Harbour” outdoor events nearby. Parking tip - safe and clean Advanced lot across the street for $24/night instead of the $45 charged by the hotel.
Could use an accessibility review and upgrade.
Nov 20, 2023
The hotel is lovely but a bit of a nightmare for people with mobility issues. The accessible parking is in a separate building across a side street - none at all close to the hotel entrance. I was lucky enough to have a daughter who could drop me off and go find parking. But - no benches or chairs outside to sit on and wait for her and no benches or chairs inside the main lobby either, until you get to the elevator lobby around the corner and down the hall. Most of the seating in H Tasting lounge is child-height and a nightmare for people with mobility issues. Surely, it would not take much to add some seating in public areas of the building and outside the lobby for those waiting for a taxi or other transportation.