hospitality excellent supervisor Efren Urban
Drinks was super
People was very kind
Beach bartender always fast
Marlon always steps ahead
Jean at cigar bar was the number one
Food was very nice and tasty
Will not be going back
Aug 07, 2022
Just came back from staying at this resort and we are not happy. We've gone to Cuba 7 times already but this time the experience was quite disappointing. I've left a negative review on my 2nd day but after speaking to the manager things improved a bit so I felt I wasn't fair and deleted it, however, the slight improvement only lasted a day. We are not the kind of people to have exuberant expectations, however, for a 5 star resort (even Cuban 5 star), some standards are expected.
- very limited food selection - no fresh vegetables (only cabbage and cucumbers), we did get mustard greens one day, the only fruits were papaya, watermelon and guava I think, sometimes mango, if you showed up at the right time because it quickly disappeared, the only juice available was same as just mentioned, no orange juice. The buffet selections did not change from breakfast to lunch to dinner (except of course for eggs being served in the morning). We understand that the country is under embargo and there might be shortages however, they don't import bread, and there was no sliced bread being offered and the buns were always stale
- traveling through Central and South America, we've learned to be careful to avoid drinking anything with ice, as it was a source for breeding bacteria, so we attempt to drink bottled water. They did offer bottled water but it was always warm. The only way to have cold water was to have it with ice. How hard is it to put bottled water inside the fridge? We've requested it numerous times and they just didn't care enough to do so (and just to note, we tipped everyone and everytime)
- now the biggest offender for us: the POOR hygiene at the buffet. Most of the time the plates were dirty - they had smudges and sometimes even food stains on them, it looked like they were wiped with a dirty rag. The glasses had fingerprints. The tables was being wiped down with old rags that didn't look too clean and I haven't noticed them rinsing them. The napkins were originally 2-ply but were being separated into singles, so that means someone had their hands on them and then you're going to wipe your mouth with it.
- the beach was never raked, they cleaned the seaweed from the shoreline once after complains were posted online
- if you want a mohito, it's a hit and miss because they usually ran out of mint.
- walked out of the Italian restaurant after sitting done for 20 min waiting for the plates to be cleared and dessert to be brought
I could go on but it's all the little things that added together form your experiences.
It's quite disappointing because the resort itself has nice grounds and quite good entertainment, and there were a few people who tried the best they could. The food shortages we can understand but the lack of organization only shows how little they care about the guests staying at the resort. It seems that after being closed to outside tourism for 2 years, they need to retrain their staff in basic customer service skills.
We will not be back but if they don't wake up, they'll be losing many more tourists.
Perfect beach and activities, amazing staff, but problematic food
Aug 07, 2022
Overall, we had a good experience at this resort. This was our first time in Cuba.
The pros: The staff is incredible. Special mention for Giovanni at the lobby bar who always give a perfect service. We enjoyed many delicious cocktails at that bar. The beach was perfect, with the most beautiful colors we have ever seen. It was very peaceful and not crowded because the hotel is not at full capacity. There are many chairs available on the beach at any time of the day and the beach is well maintained. The snorkeling session proposed at the beach was incredible, my girlfriend did snorkeling with them two times. It costs 20$CAD per person for 1 hour of snorkeling, what a deal! All equipments included, like lifejackets and fins. It is the perfect activity for beginner and intermediate snorkelers. Our guide, Ray, was super friendly and helpful. He showed us a lot of sea animals. Definitely recommend doing snorkeling with him!
The cons: The food at the a la carte restaurant was so bad that it made us laugh both times we tried it. You should never go to the Italian restaurant, it was the worst meal we ever ate and we are not exaggerating. The pizza crust tasted like it was very old. Later, a friend with experience going to Cuba told us you should never go to a la carte restaurants in Cuban resorts: it seems like a good advice. The food at the buffet was ok though. The staff at the buffet was friendly and helpful! Finally, the room was ok, like a 3 stars hotel room outside of Cuba. However, considering how beautiful everything was outside the room and how close we were to the beach, we had a good time.
Giovanni here is simply Amazing!!
Aug 06, 2022
My friend and I came for a week and had a great time. The place is beautiful and the staff is SPECTACULAR! Especially Giovanni! We would visit the main lobby bar every morning for coffee and he always made sure to go out of his way to take care of us. His service was impeccable and most importantly, his friendly and genuine nature. Thank you so so much for making our stay so memorable!!
A honest review with an open mind before travelling!
Aug 05, 2022
The good: The beach and surrounding beaches close to the Hotel are beautiful and well maintained for the most part.
My room was clean and the AC pumped the whole week!
The catamaran was a fantastic experience both with the Dolphins and the snorkelling. The party onboard was fun, no matter your age.
I liked the layout of the Pools and proximity to the Ocean and the room.
At any given moment you can have no : eggs, fruit, cola, French fries, vodka.
The food was close to non existent ! It’s the same thing daily, if available at all. Which was a disappointment! A la carte was the worst I’ve ever had. I’m not a picky eater so I survived on ham and cheddar Sammies at the 24 hr bar!
I want to personally call out Mario, the bar tender, in the main lobby. He was rude, unprofessional and should be demoted.
No one should ever be yelled because they have no glasses and you want to enjoy the show by the pool with a drink from the bar and get lambasted in front of a crowd. He learned real quick how to talk to me.
The pool bar tenders are both creeps. They talk only about obtaining Canadian passports and if they can have your hat, shirt or shoes.
The nail in the coffin was the dirty glass I was served! Watched the pool bartender dump ice from another persons glass and serve me a drink with exact same glass.
Thank god for the amazing Canadians & Europeans we met here or this place would have left us close to tears!!
Sad for Cuba, people won’t be going back! You were warned!