Iberostar Cozumel is a diver's and nature-lover's paradise set along a spectacular stretch of white sandy beach on Mexico's largest island. This relaxed and romantic resort embraces the area's lush vegetation in a secluded village of quaint bungalows and open-air dining. Pathways and gardens connect guests to the many pleasures of our all-inclusive enclave, while gentle breezes and shaded garden patios welcome you back after a day of diving our famed reefs. And don't be surprised if you glimpse the occasional iguana, parrot or turtle among your tropical surroundings. The area holds many other fascinating adventures as well, with nearby parks that celebrate native wildlife and ancient Mayan culture.
(Reading, United Kingdom)
Sep 22, 2023
Just got back from a great holiday in Cozumel.
The beach and pool areas were lovely, they were swapping the loungers for new ones in our last week and one of the pools had just been renovated when we first arrived. You can swap your pool towel for a fresh o E whenever you like.
The food was amazing, we tried the a la carte restaurants but decided we actually liked the buffet one best - even my husband, who doesn’t like buffets as a rule. Breakfasts were amazing! If you like chips (fries), the lunch ones by the beach are great, they have a faster turnaround than the ones at dinner.
The staff were all lovely, I’d like to give special thanks to Daniella and Fabian who were so great at providing entertainment to those who wanted. They really made this holiday amongst one of the best for me once I’d started joining in the activities (which I wouldn’t normally have done). I did daily aqua aerobics, had a really hot beach volleyball game, learned how to play ‘Corn Hole’, played Bingo, decorated a piñata, had a fun dance lesson and played various pool games. Thank you so much to both of you for making my holiday so much fun. Tip: let them talk you into giving the activities a go - it made my holiday!
A couple of bits of advice, bring lots of mosquito spray - they fog twice a day but you are right by the jungle! - and bring water shoes for the sea.
Snorkelling off the pier wasn’t as good as we were hoping but there are plenty of opportunities to pay extra to snorkel on the protected reef or to do some diving.
Still our go to resort on Cozumel.
Sep 19, 2023
It has been almost three years since I visited the Iberostar, my favorite place to stay in Cozumel. There have been some changes. I will start with the more positive changes:
1. They have eliminated plastic bottles and straws completely. I appreciate their management being eco friendly.
2. They no longer permit smoking in the main lobby.
3. There seems to be more security and less loud drunks at the pool bar.
4. They spray for mosquitos daily.
5. They have switched from having room keys to incorporating a chip into the resort wristband. This is much more convenient.
However, a few things have been changed that I don't consider to be positive:
1. They have eliminated the Steak house specialty restaurant, and changed it into a standard barbecue restaurant, and eliminated the fantastic salad bar.
2. They have allowed Coati mundis and raccoons to take over from the iguanas. Very cute, but I never worried about possible rabies infections from a lizard.
3. The maintenance and grounds keeping are not as good as they used to be. We had an electric door lock issue that never really got resolved until the third request. The same broken branches lay on the lawn for our entire stay. Granted, it was a holiday weekend, but it was not up to the former standard.
4. A petty thing, but they used to announce on a board at the main entrance a welcome back message to returning guests. This has been stopped.
It is still a fantastic resort, and we plan on returning on a regular basis. Change, good and bad, is inevitable, but this is still a wonderful place, and the staff and management are doing an excellent job.