Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos is an adults-only, ultra-luxury hotel located in beautiful Los Cabos. This resort offers a plethora of luxurious amenities including sophisticated and stylish accommodations. Part of the Palace Resorts family of brands, Le Blanc Spa Resort offers butler service, unique gourmet culinary offerings, a state-of-the-art spa and wellness facilities, world-class entertainment and unique experiences sure to impress even the most discerning luxury traveler.
Everything about this resort was fantastic! From the food to the butler Omar, the spa Celina and Helga were outstanding! The lobby bar tender Semen was unbelievably attentive, friendly and had the customer first on his mind… Would more than highly recommend
Le Blanc Spa Resort Los Cabos, Not So Spa Like For Us...
Jul 26, 2021
My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Le Blanc Los Cabos. We heard a lot of great things about Le Blanc Los Cabos from people who have visited and were excited to give it a try after primarily vacationing in Cancun/Riviera Maya & Puerto Vallarta. We had a not-so-great experience at Le Blanc Cancun but had the opportunity to give Le Blanc a second try and came on this trip with an open mind and a sincere desire to enjoy our stay.
After breezing through immigration, we found our shared transportation right where they said they would be. They told us it would be about a 10 minute wait for another couple that was on a different flight, but after the couple didn't show, the transportation decided to put them in a different vehicle and we were on our way. Shared transportation can be dicey with wait times, etc, but we really appreciated that judgment call and not having to wait around.
I completed pre-check-in forms on the Le Blanc App a couple of days prior to arrival, but the check-in associate had me fill out all the same forms at check-in so I'm not sure it was of much use. (Pro Tip - confirmation numbers and reservation numbers are different, and for some reason when you book your stay you receive a confirmation number but need a reservation number to create an account on the Le Blanc app, just email Le Blanc directly and someone will provide your reservation number. This is just one of many of Le Blanc's idiosyncrasies...)
After completing check-in, we were told we'd be given a rundown of the property on the way to our room by a gentleman. He immediately walked us over to the lobby bar and told us to have a seat. I said we were weary from travel and just wanted a quick lay of the land while being shown to our room. He said "oh yes, but this will just take a minute." and we were immediately pushed to attend a timeshare meeting. Mind you, we have not been offered a drink, explored the property, seen our room - just right to the pitch! It was so off-putting. Why would we want to attend a timeshare meeting when we haven't even spent 30 minutes at the property yet? After multiple times clearly letting him know we were not interested, we were passed off to a luggage attendant and brought to our room. We were never given an overview as to where restaurants are nor what events they had happening during our stay.
It felt like once we stated clearly we weren't interested in becoming members they lost all interest in catering to us. I've stayed at many five-star resorts and, in my opinion, a true 5-star resort makes each guest feel important and as if they are receiving personalized service. That just never happened (for us) at Le Blanc.
I've gone on long enough so I'll highlight some of our experiences during our stay:
- During our 7 nights there, there was a very large business convention AND a wedding. (Meanwhile, Cabo was under Level 5 and is supposed to be operating at a certain capacity level. While I sympathize with the strain this must put on corporations and resorts, it felt like a bait and switch to be told they are adhering to protocols, observing capacity rules, etc. while staying at a resort that was fully booked. Truly, I've never stayed at a busier resort in all my years visiting Mexico, covid times or not.)
- Service was overall good. I COMMEND the staff for how hard they worked during our week there. It felt like the guests outnumbered the staff by a landslide and every single staff member we saw was busting their behinds to serve guests. Some of the guests were quite demanding and rude, which was not fun to witness. The staff were doing all they could and we were so appreciative of their assistance. They all deserve to be tipped handsomely for their long days of excellent service.
- The resort was so full that there was often a line/wait just to get on the elevators during the day from the pool level
- We had to set an alarm to wake up around 8 am each morning of our vacation in order to find 2 loungers at the pool. Lounge chairs were set so closely together, I could easily reach out and touch the guest's lounge chair next to us. And there was ALWAYS someone next to us. We felt it impossible to find any reprieve from the crowds at the resort.
- We tried to get a spot at the infinity pool one day, but the pool attendant told us unless we were down by 7 am, we wouldn't be able to get a spot. That ended up being okay by us as the infinity pool was packed with people
- Le Blanc belies itself as a 'spa' resort but the guests told a different story. A majority of the guests were traveling in large groups and were very drunk and very loud. I personally was hoping for a more quiet, zen vibe but did not experience that in the slightest.
- Our first day there, a bandaid floated in the "quiet" pool all day long and guests were eating lunch (nacho, fries, etc) in the pool and then cleaning their hands off in the pool water...
- Another day, someone pulled clumps of their hair and tried to stuff the long hair strands in an empty beer can and set it on the edge of the infinity pool. It was there for the entire afternoon.. Again, NOT the staff's fault, they had not a moment of free time as the guests kept them consistently running to and fro. Very unappealing to look at, however.
- We were never given an overview of the special nights they hosted. We found out about Mexican fiesta night by seeing the tables and guacamole stand on the way to our dinner at International. My husband loves Mexican food and we were told reservations were required and it was fully booked - bummer. Maybe instead of being sold a timeshare pitch, we could have been given an overview of the week's events!
- Covid test was very easy and we received our results in about an hour. The person who performed the test was gentle and efficient
- We enjoyed drinks and entertainment at Blanc Fire each night after dinner. It filled up very quickly and was hard to find a seat sometimes, but we ate dinner early so were usually successful at finding a place to sit. The bartender there made a great margarita! I appreciated that out of all the margs we had, none had the sugar free or fake sweetener taste.
- We stayed in a Jr. Suite and loved being at the end of the hallway and having the large balcony to overlook the ocean. As some other reviews have mentioned, you can hear the highway at times but that didn't bother us.
- Food was consistently inconsistent. As a vegetarian, at least one vegetarian option for each of the restaurant's main course offerings would have been appreciated, but I understand I'm in the minority there so it's not a huge deal, merely a suggestion if anything. I was spoiled by Grand Velas providing an entire separate vegetarian menu for each of their restaurants.
- The last 2 days of our stay the resort began to quiet down a little, a few of the rowdier groups checked out, and maybe the convention too., thus the last 2 days were definitely our favorite and we could see how if you were luckier than us and visit during a quiet week that the resort would be more enjoyable/relaxing. Personally, the lack of not knowing how crowded the resort will be would put me off booking here again in the future. Setting an alarm to wake up on vacation just to find a place to sit feels more like work than vacation
- Prior to arrival, getting ahold of customer service with questions/requests was a pain. Lots of emails went unanswered and we had to email multiple times in a row in order to receive a response.
All in all, big props to the staff and service team for how busy they were and the drinks were good!
We would personally like to thank all of the staff who served us during our time there as well as Elizabeth who is Supervisor Relaciones Publicas at the Cancun resort. She really was helpful and responsive in the time leading up to our stay and is very good at her job! Thank you, Elizabeth!