My family of 4 just returned from Rose Hall Beach. We have been taking all inclusive vacations for 20 + years. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was a complete disappointment. I am sure that the Suites and Grand are better - but unfortunately the level of service at the Beach is lacking.
Entertainment staff was entertaining and worked hard to get people involved. Special shout out to Feines ...aka Shaggy :)
Resort was compact - easy to get around.
Grounds are nice - they are working on painting and filling the water pools etc.
1. Breakfast buffet opens at 7:30. For early risers this is an issue as there is NO WHERE to get a cup of coffee/tea. I was making pots of coffee in my room and chasing down housekeeping to get coffee for the pot (1 of our rooms had a pot) and making sure I was bringing back a cup of milk at night from dinner.
2. Approached 2 separate evenings by a 'gentleman' who informed me (by myself) and my husband (with our daughter) that he "made us dinner" and asking for money. This was not just a casual encounter, it was uncomfortable and aggressive. We immediately informed the front desk of the two incidents and gave our number for a manager to contact us. No one from management ever called or attempted to contact us...NOTHING. Outrageous.
3. Was given room key without front desk even asking my name to be sure it was my room...again we reported this...again nothing from Management...NOTHING
4. The drinks are undrinkabe. Thank goodness we bought a couple of bottles of liquor at duty free and was able to make our own drinks.
5. Rooms are clean, but definitely need updating. Mirrors are pitted, walls need painting, just outdated and old.
6. The hallways are dark....not sure why but stairwells and bathrooms and hallways are dark.
7. Cruise ship visitors for the day. Lines at beach grill were snaked down the beach.
8. Locals are at the beach at 7 am. They are not aggressive and are respectful when you say no thank you. What I didn't like was that when I went down early in the morning to read on the beach they were there talking, smoking etc. Not peaceful.
9. The dinner reservation policy is absurd. We were granted 2 reservations (at best) for a 5 night stay. Ridiculous when the restaurants are half empty. We begged and were able to get reservations for the additional 2 nights. Buffet had good food, just didn't want to eat that for 3 nights.
10. If you lose your room key they charge you $20....never have I ever heard of a charge like this for a plastic card. And be prepared to be locked out of your room - cards do not work half the time.
The saddest part for me was seeing all these young men and women working so so hard and they are exhausted. This was our 4th time to Jamaica and it was just different. The vibe was different. Maybe the effects from Covid?? They are working 6 days a week and it shows.
We went on the vacation club tour. It reaffirmed for me that Iberostar is more concerned about meeting the needs of the Grand clientele instead of treating all their guests to the same quality of service....this does not happen at the Beach. We had breakfast at the Suites and everything was nicer. Not sure what the price difference would have been, but if it's in your budget go for the Suites.
best hospitality ever
Jul 01, 2022
We had a mixup with the resorts we were staying. Our family all stayed at the iberostar rose hall suites but apple vacation placed my family in the beaches resort. We spoke with Akeem who that night worked until 11pm he called to get us an upgrade to the suites which they had no availabilities but he told us he came in at 730 and would work on it to get us with our family and at 8am he had us an upgrade moved our bags . Shevelle was the best she waited with us laughed to make the moment better. when we got to the suites Pierre checked us in, took our luggage and changed our wrist bands and told us to enjoy our family until our room was ready.
Great Vacation, Will Definitely Return
Jun 30, 2022
Our week at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was great. We enjoyed our time in the pool at the swim up and lobby bar, bartenders at both places were great! We also enjoyed the Star Prestige area at the beach, the entire staff there was also extremely kind and awesome. Food was great whether it was at the buffet or a la carte restaurants. Rooms were great - we don't spend much time in the room. Entertainment staff was top notch! Special shout out to Jorge (ambassador) that was with us the entire week and took care of our every need.
Disconnect between Hotel in Jamaica and Group Office somewhere else (Spanish speaking)
Jun 29, 2022
Reservation made with local hotel. Any modification, even as minute as a name change has to handled by the Group office. The guest makes their own contact and must do so before 7PM (on weekdays). When I got connected, it was to a Spanish PBX (calling from an English speaking country, no option to select Spanish/English. I just kept pressing the # sign until the recorded messages stops and I was connected to an Agent. Their is difference in reference number given by local hotel and so when asked for reservation number, Spanish Agent expected it to start with a "U", which i didn't have and have to call back local hotel to clarify the disconnect between the two entities operating under 1 group (hotel and Admin)
Overall: Frustrating experience when you are hosting an event and have several of your friends/guest calling you. And you in turn has to may 2 to 3 calls to resolve a minute issue.
Frustrating. Definitely not recommended for Group events!
Such a nice place
Jun 27, 2022
Really nice resort, mostly friendly staff and restaurant staff. The food is good and they have a large variety of options. They don’t explain all the limitations of all inclusive and some of the staff can be really rude. However the entertainment staff was amazing. They really make everyone feel welcome. I have to say Lettuce was absolutely the nicest person ever. His energy is amazing and he makes you want to participate in every sport, event, dance, etc. I had a blast!