Had an awesome time at Rose Hall Beach! Very nice and clean resort. Commitment to the environment is very noticeable. Almost everything they use is reusable. If it is not reusable, it was paper based, so recyclable. If you do not like paper straws, bring your own! Drinks were good (Aldain and Dean), food was good, entertain staff was awesome( Zugu, Cookie, Finez)! Nightly shows were awesome!
Great resort with minimal walking to get anywhere on the resort
Jan 30, 2023
We went to this resort in Dec 2016 with our daughter, her husband and her young son. We started off with a snow storm and our flight was cancelled until the following day. Westjet was amazing and when we requested that they extend our flight and room at the resort by a day, they made all the arrangements within a few hours. Couldn't have asked for better service!! We had an amazing holiday at this resort and the staff were amazing. Great food! Our rooms were clean and very nice!
My guys Gawayne and Finds
Jan 29, 2023
As soon as we arrived our new friend Gawayne greeted us at the door and helped us with the check in and booking a la carte for our group of 10. Being a group of 10 we through some curveballs at Gawayne and he never backed down from a challenge and got all out biggest asks taken care for us stress free. Gawayne checked up with us multiple times during the day by the pool and beach to make sure all was good and we were having fun. He was great and not pushy to make us do things we did not want to do. Best concierge ever. We then Met Finds from the entertainment group. He got us involved with all sorts of events and made sure to get us involved in the shows at night. His high energy and fun way about him made our trip so enjoyable. He truely became our friend for the week often coming to see us on the beach and bringing us to learn local dances. Would recommend going just to meet these individuals. The bar staff was also great making sure our cups never went empty and never expecting a tip when helping our big group of 10. The food was out of this world, after 7 days we still were not sick of the food and the huge selections. Great experience start to finish. Can’t wait to go back
Jan 29, 2023
First time in Jamaica, we overall had an excellent experience at this resort. The staff were amazing, the food was awesome and the rooms were very clean.
We spent a lot of our time in the pool as it overlooked the beach. The pool bartenders were great, Orlando always had some fun surprise drinks ready for us.
Gawayne took care of us all week. He is very personable and accommodating with anything we needed or wanted to book.
The entertainment staff were amazing, I could watch them dance all day. Finds made our week so much fun and Cookie was awesome!!
Only negative / tip: if you’re not interested in a 90 minute sales pitch that makes you feel horrible for wasting everyone’s time, turn down the “we will take you next door for a nice breakfast and to check out the other resort”. It was very misleading and they would not let us back out once we realized.
Otherwise, excellent vacation! Would definitely go back!!
GOOD BUT SO GOOD- Elly from Canada
Jan 29, 2023
It was our 3rd time at the Iberostar. Overall, the stay was good, without problems. However, the quality of stay was slightly worse than in previous years. I came to the resort sick but not contagious disease and was hoping for more resting time, but with the entertainment activities (very loud speaker and music) it was impossible. Here are PLUS elements:
• Reception service was excellent; people were very helpful and nice
• Rooms were cleaned and cleaning services were very good
• Food was fresh and safe to eat;
• Water services by using filling stations were super ( reduced use of plastic bottles)
• Lots of beach chairs and towels available.
• Service center for Guest was very effective and helped us in buying necessary medicine.
Here are MINUS items:
• Very loud music on the beach- in afternoons there was an activity at the pool area with a “metal” type music which was heard at the beach and at the same time, there was another type of music from the speaker on the beach;
• Each day there were lots of local vendors trying to sell gifts and marihuana products. I understand that locals wanted to sell items but there were simply too many of them;
• The snack bar on the beach was limited in choices and provided meals rather than snacks; also, after we came from the hospital, we were hungry and went to the bar; the service lady told us that she does not have any more hamburgers but some leftovers of chicken; however, when we were leaving the beach area, she was giving others hamburgers; I do not know why she cheated us.
• The evening entertainments were often outside instead of keeping them inside their special rooms dedicated to those events; as a result, windows needed to be closed until 11:00 PM
• The resort does not have a medical doctor, which was not helpful; we had to see a doctor and had to take a taxi (over $40 US) to go to a hospital; we think that a doctor should be on-site even only for a few hours a day.
• In the evening times, the bar near the reception was ineffective; one waitress was only collecting dirty glasses but not offering to bring you a drink;
• On the beach, a waitress asked me if she can bring anything to drink, but when I asked for a glass of water, she totally ignored me.
• The lack of a printed map of the resort; while we were told to use a map on the hotel’s application, once we tried, it did not work; perhaps printed maps could be helpful to have.