Stayed here for 3 days/3 nights. Entire place was painted pink for upcoming television filming ??????? Room keeping poor, pizza chef AWESOME, most bar tenders agreeable and hard-working. Making dinner reservations poor, not great food. Won’t go back for the price.
Sep 10, 2021
We love Barcelo and Caesar was the best man for dinner service on our first night- he was very attentive and professional. Thank you thank you amigo. Yeeeewwwww!
Mexican buffet dinner was good, nice selection
Hurricane Nora Stay August 2021
Sep 02, 2021
Great location and layout of hotel. Staff polite and friendly minus the POOL BAR STAFF ON SUNDAY. Room was great and clean with a perfect view considering I got caught in Hurricane Nore August 28, 2021. My only regret was the quality of food at the hotel. it was Blah and not a big selection that goes together.
Average resort, water leakage problem. The best thing was their staff: Iveth Garcia, Marco Garcia David Rodriguez and Oscar were
Aug 30, 2021
Average resort recently repainted with pepto bismol pink. The color of the building was am eye sore. We also had water leakage problem in both bathrooms in our room was never addressed. They had no entertainment or board games. Food was mediocre.
The best thing was their premier lounge and staff Marco Garcia, Iveth Garcia David Rodriguez and Oscar were the best. They attended to my son's food allergy needs and were superb. The pools were nice as well. I think what they have going is their staff so hopefully they are compensating them well.
Could be amazing but……
(Des Moines, Iowa)
Aug 29, 2021
This place is absolutely beautiful. The foliage and location surrounding the resort is second to none. Set on beautiful mismaloya beach in a protected cove from the big surf of the pacific. The lush Sierra Madre mountains in the backdrop. Painted in hot pink and lobby designed nostalgic for a very hush hush movie to be released in the near future. The staff works their butts off keeping everything clean. Food was very average. Very under staffed due to COVID?? 90% local travelers that seem to get preferential service even though we noticed they never tip. No entertainment (due to COVID- although you can gather all day in the pool and at the cantina. Rooms very average and not near as nice as they look on website. Paid for premium upgrade and at check in there was nobody in the premium to take care of us so we went went to front desk. Our first impression was being told we didn’t pay for premium. After showing proof in our reservation the manager said the company we booked through didn’t pay them so we were not getting our room until they were paid or we could have a standard room. Long story short, horrible first impression, we got our room after much hassle and all was fine. Small hurricane hit and affected our last 24 hours that turned into 48 hours due to flight cancellations ??. Positives and negatives:
First the bad:
- first impression at front desk= very bad
- cold food, lack of food at times, being told they couldn’t make quesadillas when they had both tortillas and cheese.
- inconsistency in what you order day to day. Ie. you can order the same drink 3 times in a row and they all taste different. Ordered club sandwich 2 days in a row and completely different ingredients.
- club premium is not up to normal standards by a long shot
- gym is below average and spa is only doing massages with no other amenities
- some of the younger wait staff always seemed inconvenienced when taking food or drink orders
- fix the arcade games please! No tips on pool sticks, no rubber on ping pong paddles, air hockey broken.
Now the good:
- CESAR LOPEZ! Best service in 23 years to Mexico! Thank you my friend we’ll always remember you. ??????
- views were amazing
- $20 massages down the beach!!
- bell stand fellas were awesome!
- overall very clean
- abundant wild life
- in the buffet our friends Oscar Martinez and Luis Elinsondo went above and beyond
- pools were beautiful and Iguanas fun to watch around the pool waterfalls.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. Update rooms. Bring in more staff. Bring back the entertainment. Oh!! At the pool play your music not ours! We come here to enjoy your culture and get away from ours. Last thing, we missed the beautiful sunsets mostly due to evening storms but the location surrounded by mountains takes the last 30 minutes of sun and the beautiful sunsets of paradise.
Properties we’ve been to compare:
-Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo
-Reflect Krystal Grand Cabo
-Barcelo maya palace Riv Maya
-Sandos Finisterra Cabo
-Grand Palladium Riv Maya
-Iberostar Riv Maya
-Now Amber PV
-Moon Palace Riv Maya
-Las Ventanas al Paraiso Cabo
-Riu palace Cabo
-Now sapphire Riv Maya