(Fort Collins, Colorado)
Jul 03, 2022
Here are the positives:
- Great "Nuevo Vallarta" location. Away from all the hustle and bustle.
- Rooms are spacious (we were in the "Cabo" building)
- 3 pools. Big "family pool", great sized "quiet pool" and a lap pool
- Beach is right behind the pools (ie not a long walk)
- Staff is super helpful, although the whole resort felt a little under staffed given waits for drinks and food.
- Jet skis and fishing trips left right off the hotel marina - super convenient.
- We got one dinner at the Sushi Restaurant as part of "all inclusive package" - it was VERY good. Not all items on the menu were included.
- Rooms were a little dated and the sofa was SO old you could feel the wicker base through the cushions.
- The "All Inclusive" food was ok to good. Buffets for all meals lacked imagination, but the quality was reasonable. Pool side bar was fine - food was equivalent to a US "IHOP". Cocktail choice is plentiful - but ingredients are overly sugary and generic. Don't expect craft cocktails.
- We had an "a la carte" meal at the "sit down restaurant" as part of our all inclusive package. Food was "ok to good" - nothing amazing... think "cheap steakhouse" quality.
- Did my family eat and drink enough to merit/pay for the "all inclusive" - probably not, but we certainly ate our body weight in sushi and one day drank them out of mojitos by the pool.
- Our mattress was a little on the firm side - my wife would say it was "hard as rock". But some people might love that.
- If you want to do anything outside the hotel you have to take a taxi. Budget $20-$25 to get to Puerto Vallarta.
All in all a great trip, next time we go back we will likely stay in Puerto Vallarta proper (vs. Nuevo Vallarta) to have a little more to do in the evenings etc.
Jun 30, 2022
The check in process was slow! And the front desk staff did not provide accurate information. We are gold members and purchased the all inclusive package ($65/day for 4 people for 7 days = $1,820) on top of the amount spent as a time share holder to be told it was good only for two restaurants and excluded the Sky Bar, sushi restaurant and room service. The next day we found out that was not accurate for the two restaurants but we still do not get room service. To get a drink is PAINFUL! Doesn’t matter what time of day! You can’t eat in any restaurants other than Tulum without a reservation that has to be made 24 hours in advance and no later than 5PM because the dinner desk leaves. Everything closes at 10:30. No night life. Nothing to do except go to bed because it’s absolute silence at 11pm.
The one positive is that the rooms are nice and they are clean. The servers at the pool are nice and most have been friendly especially if you tip at the beginning of the day, middle of the day and also the end. Otherwise the staff are slow and seem to not know what is even offered. They are not properly trained and need a manager that offers training and directions.
It is sad….. this beautiful resort may not be here in 5 years with how it is being managed today.
Slow Check In, Bad Service for All Inclusive .
Jun 28, 2022
very bad check in process (45 minutes to check in), they didnt have my room ready so i had to come back again to pick keys, and being forced to wait in the check in line.
All inclusive only works if you tip the staff in advance, otherwise they ignore you completely.
The service wasnt like this before, this was my 4th visit in 10 years, the service is awful so there is no reason to come back again.
It was nice
Jun 14, 2022
There are positives and negatives to this hotel.
Positives: safe, clean rooms, mostly kind staff, easy travel, good food in the area.
Negatives: AWFUL check in process, no communication/guide to features in the area, most of the focus on timeshare guests, very dark room
We would probably return but only because it is easy and we are now familiar.
(Kingsbridge, United Kingdom)
Jun 11, 2022
The worst check in and check out system anywhere. You literally would not believe how bad it is. 45 minutes to check in and I gave up checking out even though I had already paid what I owed but then security wouldn’t let me leave