The resort is very nice however the best part of all is my new friend Salvador’s excellent service! Beach is beautiful, pool is great. Food is really good in the a la cartes, buffet has many options. Please visit it’s wonderful. I recommend the friendly service and I’ll be back.
Good time at the Samba
Feb 03, 2023
My wife and I just finished a two week stay at the Samba Vallarta. I will try to be as fair as possible with our review of this property.
This is a smaller all inclusive resort hotel, which works in its favor. At no time did we feel crowded or cramped for space. There was lots of beech and pool chairs available and never had to wait in the restaraunts or bars.
The hotel is getting old and is beginning to show its age. The staff are wonderful and keep the place looking as good as possible-which cannot be easy. Our rooms were average and kept clean by the hard working staff. A/C worked well. No complaints except the mini bar is only stocked with a few complimentary beverages and after that you have to pay to get it restocked. That goes for the coffee as well. This is a first for us at an all inclusive hotel.
The food at the Samba is below our expectations. It's not horrible but just very repetitive. Lots of stews and chicken. Breakfast was our favorite meal. We didn't go hungry but just be aware that you will not get prime rib at this resort. We did try the Italian restaurant and that was a mistake. It was not good. But again the service was excellent.
The pool and beach areas are quite nice. The pool is set up nice for kids and the adults can take part in various activities during the day. From dance lessons to aquasise to name a few. The beach area is good. Although you must be careful in the water as the waves can get quite large. We spent a lot of our time down at the beach area.
All in all we had a great time at the Samba. Sunshine and warm weather is why we came to the Nyarit and we got that everyday. The hotels short comings are largely erased by the kindness of the people that work there. They make it work.
Feb 02, 2023
Salvador was amazing as our beach bartender he was always ready with another cocktail! T has been been about 7 or 8 years since we have been here. Love how small the resort is, never feels over crowded. Thanks for a great week
Beautiful grounds…the rest well…
Feb 02, 2023
We booked without reading the reviews first and I really wish I would have. A lot of the complaints in the reviews are the same that we experienced.
- Grounds are kept very well!
- Staff are friendly and attentive
- Check in was smooth and efficient
- Mexican a la cart is very good. No options though for picky kids
-there are tons of iguanas on the property. So neat to watch them. They often end up in the pool though
-drinks are good and strong.
-kids club is decent but only runs on certain days from 10am-1pm
- Room had strong mold/mildew smell. After complaining multiple times we were finally able to move rooms. Overheard many guests having the same issues.
- traveling as a family of four we booked two queen beds and when we arrived we had a king and a double. Our kids were not comfortable at all on such a small bed to share.
- food is mediocre at best. Every day is the same exact things in the buffet. They throw a different sauce on things but same options no matter what theme they are going with. Not many options for picky kids.
- if you have a room that faces south towards the Riu it is very loud from 9pm to midnight with thumping music from the club. The farther down you are the better.
- not a lot for older kids around the pool. There is a pirate ship with slides which was good for our younger child but our older one got bored quick and few other options as the entertainment team focuses more on the adults.
- during our stay there weren’t a lot of kids. More older couples.
-rooms are very dated with very few electrical plug ins.
-you are given two bottles of water a day but no restock on beer or pop in the fridge
-they played the same music almost every single day at the pool. Sometimes the same song would be played over and over. Needed more variety.
-non smoking property but there are people all day walking to the edge over looking the beach and smoking which wafts towards the pool or at night walking around smoking. Staff don’t seem to do anything about it
-entertainment is very hit and miss. Some days they are very active and others you can go all day with only seeing them do an activity once.
-wifi is very spotty. It comes and goes and doesn’t reach all places on the resort
-bathrooms are located either by the beach or back in the resort. No bathrooms very close to the pool area. The ones by the beach smell like an outhouse.
After many complaints about the smell in our room we were finally moved to one that was much better. The air conditioning didn’t work the best but the smell was gone. From what we could tell the manager was fielding a ton of complaints about room smells. We made the most of our vacation but I wouldn’t recommend this resort to anyone. We most definitely will be back to Nuevo Vallarta/Puerto Vallarta but not to this resort
Just torn, so much to like and so much no too
(Red Deer, Canada)
Jan 29, 2023
Rereading the reviews many points ring true.
- beautiful grounds, pool & beach
- above average food
- poorly maintain old rooms
- inconsistent service
We wouldn’t return, too many better options