The adults-only, all-inclusive TRS Yucatan Hotel is located about 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen on the Caribbean Sea and is ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway or a destination wedding or honeymoon.
Jun 15, 2021
This was our second time to TRS Yucatan, and my husband, and we are very glad we did. To be transparent, we are NOT members of the travel club. However, when we decided to book a last minute trip for our 10yr anniversary, we had such a great experience the last time that we decided to come back.
We were greeted by a familiar and friendly face as soon as we pulled up to the entrance. Israel Montoya remembered us from our previous trip and greeted us at the entrance. It was as if we were at our home away from home. Check-in was super smooth, we were welcomed to the resort with a glass of champagne.
Our butlers, David and Erasmo, were awesome and took care of everything we needed. Our rooms were stocked with our liquors of choice when we arrived, and they took care of all of our reservations for dinner, chic cabaret, and the spa.
If you can swing it, I definitely recommend staying at the TRS side, as you will have access to the full resort + higher quality alcohol and restaurants. I’m a vegetarian (husband is not), and we were both very happy with the selection and quality of food. Huge shout out to the chefs at La Boheme, Helios, and Chic for making me special vegetarian dinners that were not on the normal menu. Additionally, Jorge at Capricio was an awesome waiter! We went to the Chic Cabaret show which was phenomenal, and I definitely recommend!! We would have gone twice if it wasn’t for having to get up early the next day for an excursion.
Our favorite bar by far was the TRS Lobby bar followed by the Infinity pool bar. We would start every morning at the lobby with a cappuccino or latte and champagne. Luciana was our incredible waitress at the bar. She remembered us from our previous trip, and it was great having the opportunity to reconnect with her! We would then head over to the spa for hydrotherapy (included with TRS stay), then we would spend our days exploring the resort or at one of the many pools. I also took part in yoga, Pilates, and pool biking at the infinity pool. The pop team was awesome. I particularly enjoyed the yoga and Pilates with Diana.
My husband and I continue to be impressed with the staff at TRS. The grounds are incredibly well maintained and there is always someone doing something. We made numerous comments to each other about this throughout the trip. I’ve never seen people work so hard and it shows.
We typically don’t do excursions, but since it was our anniversary and we came during whale shark season, we decided to spend one day swimming with whale sharks! It was so much fun, and I highly recommend if you come during the season.
Overall, we had an incredible trip and will be back! We did have a slight mix up with our bags at the very end (another couple accidentally took our bag to the airport). It was a bit stressful, but Isreal and his team were incredible. We figured out what happened and were in contact with the other couple. To add to the confusion, in the stress of it all, my husband left his backpack at the lobby. Isreal got it in a taxi with Artero and sent us a picture of the taxi and driver, so we could be on the lookout at the airport. Artero shared his real time location with us via WhatsApp, so we could track him all the way. Isreal stayed in contact with us through the whole process to ensure Eve when smoothly. Overall, what could have been a disastrous way to end a vacation turned out to be a funny story to tell, and that is because of the incredible staff at TRS and their commitment to their guests.
I know this was a long review, but this place is really worth it! We will definitely be back!!
The most luxurious and fabulous resort - a MUST STAY
(Los Angeles, California)
Jun 15, 2021
My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate my 30th birthday and had the most wonderful time. We splurged for the Junior Suite Jacuzzi Poolside and OMG! I cannot believe we had a jacuzzi on our balcony, it was absolute heaven. Our room was amazing. AC was perfection. Romeo is the best driver ever and all of the staff members are so incredible. Reyna from the Pool Deck will go out of her way to do anything you need, including reserving you a bed at the pool!
Tips for you!!
- upon arrival, ask your butler for a bottle of alcohol/champagne/tequila to be sent to your room, all rooms get this but no one asks about it and they claim that it takes “24 hours to get it to you” so ask about this upon arrival! The room service doesn’t deliver drinks so it’s nice to have something in the room for you
- go to the gift shop and get snacks or like a can of pringles or something, with the way reservations and lunch and dinner times work, we found ourselves hungry in between meal times.
- if you want the best service possible, I would bring $50-$100 in cash ones to tip particularly amazing staff members who will make sure your drink is never empty!
- I so wish we brought our own tumblers or yeti drink coolers because the plastic cups get so warm so fast in the sun. Definitely bring a drink tumbler if you can, they can fill it up right there for you! They also sell them in the gift shop
- go to the Chic Cabaret if you can! It’s worth the $30 up charge, such a fun night and a delicious 6 course meal
- on Day 1, make sure you make a reservation for the Hydrotherapy Spa with your butler! ITS FREE and included! We even made 2 reservations for the spa because it was so amazing and we spent a couple of hours there.
- if you’re going to do room service, I would call them wayyy ahead of time because it takes about 45min - 1 hour for them to arrive. AND ORDER MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU WANT!! The portion sizes for room service are very small, I’m talking like 5 chicken nuggets on a plate. So we would always order a plate of fruit and nuggets and other things that we could keep in the room for later as a snack. This was very helpful for us to keep hunger at bay while also drinking!
You’re going to have a wonderful time, definitely go here!