Just returned, 3rd time, 2018/2019, booked 2020, cancelled due I covid. Having been there before numerous amenities no longer offered with typical 4.5 rating, now 3 at best
1) reserved and confirmed with agency, main floor due to mobility issues (no elevators), put on 3rd floor, moved on 3rd day
2) arrival no fruit punch upon arrival
3) bar fridge, water only, before welcome beer, pop, etc only eater
4) friends no water 4/5 days, no HOT water 3 days, not sanitary or healthy situation. We had no water for two days. Our friends should be refunded for the major inconvience
5) no espresso machine, what hotel doesn't have that, especially with 4.5
6) was a la carte, now Buffett every day, boring, boring, boring!
7) no canned beer to bring back to room, keg only
8) no beach bar service
9) no special treats ie, cookies, chocolates, etc at night left in room
10) no daily afternoon clean pallet sherbert
11) damaged, broken and missing fixtures ie tv screen streaks, light bulbs out, missing in bathroom, toilet paper roll needs fixing, kept falling off.
Staff the best, kept smiling and trying to accommodate, not just us but many, many other people complaining, I truly felt for them!
Beach fantastic, these two 5++ rating
Well royalton (high end hotel chain) you should be embarrassed by this hotel, such a shame it WAS beautiful and fantastic. St Lucia is not cheap, I could have gone elsewhere for MUCH less, not worth what we got, shame on you royalton
We love St Lucia and planned to come back here every year, not now.
We consider our three parties (my friends came based on our recommendation, even though they thought it was expensive) should receive some sort of compensation, or goodwill gesture for the worst trip ever.
(Cold Ash, United Kingdom)
Jan 29, 2023
Spent 10 days recently. The resort is pretty run down and the food very disappointing.,
We had major issues with the water. Either no water or cold water. Never able to speak to a manager to address our problems. Lack of sun beds and umbrellas.
Positives, fantastic location and lovely staff trying to do their best under difficult conditions. This could be an amazing resort if money was spent on it.
A beautiful island , but our holiday was not what we’d hoped for due to our accommodation
Jan 27, 2023
As most reviews mentioned this resort is tired and the food is not the best. That part is true but it is a very clean resort and the staff especially Sean at the towel hut are the best. If you show them respect and are pleasant they will bend over backwards for you. The beach and water are beautiful and watching the boats come and go is a lovely way to spend your day. If you are expecting a 5 star resort this isn’t the place for you but if you’re not fussy you will have a great time.
Lovely birthday week
Jan 22, 2023
The drive was ok although my gf that travelled with us was sick as a dog even with gravol. Upon return We took a helicopter back to airport….way better. We were late getting in thanks to air Canada but someone was on the desk and we had a small meal in our room as we missed dinner. Rooms were nice, shower even better, loved it! Resort is small, we had ground floor room and really enjoyed sitting on our patio looking at the grounds. Food was pretty good as were the drinks. Chicken rotis at the beach..omg! Catamaran day trip, fabulous. Went to Sulpher springs/mud bath. Beach was nice and water so warm. Lots of beach vendors some more aggressive than others. Spinnakers is immediately next door we had a fun dinner/evening there. Tried a few restaurants offsite , all good! There wasn’t any evening entertainment at all! They posted events but it was karaoke pretty much every night with approximately 10 people in the bar area due to poor setup. Huge disappointment as there was absolutely nothing to do in the evening after dinner. It as dead at 730pm
Staff not too friendly, not a lot of smiles you almost feel like you’re imposing. Overall we all had a fabulous time. Best birthday week ever.
Jan 20, 2023
We just came back from this resort. The staff were all awsome. The resort was wonderful. The food was excellent. We will definitely be going back in the future. The waves were big a few days we were there.