A wonderful resort with great service! The food is fantastic (we ate at the French restaurant, the Asian restaurant and the Italian restaurant, as well as the buffet.) Our concierge, Chepe, was THE BEST! He is so friendly and helpful. The service overall was great. We can't wait to go back!
Boring, not worth the money
Sep 09, 2023
This is an expensive hotel, and I suggest that the future travelers either go to a nicer hotel in Punta Mita, or stay in Nuevo Vallarta at a cheaper hotel, these are my reasons why:
The hotel is located on a crowded stretch of beach next to a noisy beach club. There is a public easement and people set up their umbrellas and coolers in front of the expensive hotel chairs.
I did not like that the restaurants are located indoors, except for the Mexican restaurant which has a few outside tables I felt like I was eating my dinners in a mall in a sterile, air-conditioned environment. I would much prefer to eat outside in an open air setting.
The the included WINES are of poor quality, and I saw a number of people ordering Erath Pinot noir for the exorbitant price of nearly $70 a bottle just to escape the terrible quality wines that exist in the all included plan. Most of the wines were in the 7 to 8 dollar price range in the USA, I also had issues with the beer not being adequately cold and even saw other patrons putting ice in their beers.
the place is very boring at night. There is no live music except for one night during our one week stay.
Our last day, a giant tour bus pulled up in the lobby and unloaded 100 people with name tags. We experienced another convention taking place at the hotel, which crowded the restaurants and beach chairs. I sincerely doubt you would see this at the four seasons.
Decent, relatively intimate sized resort good for a getaway
(Los Angeles, California)
Sep 06, 2023
Secure a nice view room if possible on a higher floor. Pleasant, fairly intimate resort - not much of anything on either edge so you stick within the resort grounds and beach. Staff very pleasant too. Food at all of the more formal restaurants was decent. All inclusive was the right way to enjoy this resort.
Sep 04, 2023
Even though this is a family resort and not adult only. Me and my wife had a phenomenal stayed at this all-inclusive resort. The food and drinks are all 5 star. We were not disappointed at all. The service was top tier service. Our concierge Jose known as “Chepe” was professional and super attentive to me and my wife. He always checked up on us making sure we had everything we need and ensure we were having a great time. Truly a pleasure having him as our concierge. I also want to thanked Jorge and allow from your adventures. The always provide Ms is the best experience on what to do for fun activities. Last, all the staff at the resort were very polite, professional and always smiling.
For those who don’t want to deal being around kids and alot of people. I would recommend to book your your room the last 2 weeks of August.
There was hardly anyone here and barely any kids. This made our stayed so relaxing and didn’t have to rush at the pool to reserve any seats or wait in line to be seated at the restaurants.
We came here the last week of August and had the resort to our selves literally. Even though is raining season in Mexico in this month. It was actually sunny and hot during the day and only rained at night. So we actually had the best weather. Also, the waters at the beach a super warm! I was swimming and boogie boarding.
Beautiful Venue for Vacation and Weddings!
Aug 31, 2023
First, we were blown away by our wedding. The entire experience was best in class. I spent months reaching locations (different cities and countries) and venues. This will be a long review, but I've broken it down in sections for ease of reading. I don't typically write reviews, but I want Wendy (our planner) and the rest of the team to know how much their hard work really meant to us! It did take me a while to write this so I think I remembered everything.
Location - Puerto Vallarta / Riviera Nayarit
• My Why: I'd never been and heard so many great things about the food!
? We live in Houston, Texas so PV is just a quick 2 1/2 hour flight.
? Ease of airport travel (only 15-20 mins to the resort)
? Beautiful Beaches
? Delicious Food!
? My husband had his heart set on crystal blue/clear water.
• We went for our planning visit in April and it was PERFECT! Our wedding was in June and so we were very worried. But there was a nice breeze off the water so it wasn't too hot and we lucked out with no rain!
• During the reception (right when the dancing kicked off), the breeze stopped and it was HOT! But we made the best of it! Everyone changed and partied on!
Resort - Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
• My Why: The Beach Gazebo is what really sold me on the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit! I wanted a destination wedding and love beach vibes, but I did not want to be trudging through sand in my wedding dress!! No thank you!
? Beautiful venue, very little décor was needed for the wedding
? 5-Star Resort, 4 Diamond Restaurants
? Staff! - More on this later
? Even though the Resort is older, it is in immaculate condition!
? The rooms have the nicest amenities (I won't ruin the surprise)
? ROOM SERVICE! I know… who goes to a resort and orders room service?! And it's not that we actually ordered very often, but it's nice to have the option!
? Spa - You have to make time for the Spa! The hydrotherapy session before your service is worth every penny!
? Pool - We went in the middle of Summer so I was a littler nervous the pool might be overcrowded, but it never was! Perfect amount of people and space.
? Activities - Highly recommend Water Aerobics with BLANK! But be prepared to work (in a fun way)! I didn't play volleyball, but quite a few of our wedding group did and loved it!
? Kids Academy - I'm not actually sure what they call the Kids Club… no one in our group brought kids, but I did check out the area and it was pretty awesome! I also saw staff walking around with small groups of kids on an adventure! Wendy, our planner, also mentioned she had been trained to babysit. And I would feel totally comfortable leaving my kids with her.
? Beach - They offer water activities… my husband paid to take a surfing lesson and really enjoyed it! I grabbed a few boogie board and caught some waves! We also went for a walk every morning! The beaches in PV are all public so you can walk as far as you'd like down the beach! There is a really neat Pier about a mile down. I was also nervous about public beaches, but the resort does have private chairs you can use.
? It's an older resort so they do not have swim-up rooms and only Suites have jacuzzies on the balcony. That being said, we did upgrade and only used our jacuzzi once!
? They are definitely on the higher end when it comes to pricing.
• I cannot say enough about the staff at the Grand Velas Nayarit! As I said, I was looking into EVERYTHING! And surprisingly, not every venue will get back to you! Immediately after I inquired, I received my first email. I did not respond for a while, but when I did the contact introduced me to Nubia. She was very patient (and I mean patient… we inquired in Dec and signed in March) answered all of our questions leading up to signing the contract.
• And then we were introduced to Wendy Sanchez, our wedding planner extraordinare! I was not an easy bride, but Wendy was courteous and understanding, and really went over and above to make the planning process a positive experience. We weren't planning on doing our planning visit, but Wendy stressed the importance and we were so glad we did!
• When you arrive at Grand Velas, you are greeted by several people, including your Concierge for your stay. We had Maria for our wedding weekend! Every morning she would message us the itinerary for the day and I'm not sure how she did it, but she would also find us by the pool and ask if needed anything. If we needed anything, we could message her and she would be there with that item! On the last day, my brother told me he had lost his hat by the pool. He left early so he asked me to see if they had found it. I messaged Maria and said "Hi Maria, I think security has my brothers hat." Within 10 minutes, Maria was bringing the hat to me at the pool. Mind you, I didn't have to describe the hat, explain who my brother was, OR where I was at, at that time! This was hands down the most impressive display of going above and beyond!
• Words won't do it justice, but let’s just say the food was not only the BEST wedding food I've ever had, but also tops most restaurants! The selections, presentation, no detail was overlooked! I heard the cake was delicious (and I can stand by that from our tasting. Unfortunately, I did not get any at the wedding… dancing too much)
• I had a little sticker shock when it came to the floral. I was expecting it to be less expensive than the US and it was not. However, Wendy did what she could to stretch our budget and the flowers were the most BEAUTIFUL! I insisted they be brought up to our room so we could enjoy them the rest of the weekend!
They do require you use their preferred vendors, who are of course, expensive! From my experience, they did an amazing job, but you can definitely find things for a better price. I used an outside make-up artist, loved her, and saved a ton of money even with paying their outside vendor fee.
My tip - Try to negotiate to not have an outside vendor fee OR a lower %!