Morocha...absolutely amazing! Has made my first ever holiday an amazing experience. Top girl entertainer. Full of energy. Made the whole family feel welcome and included in everything. And she sure can throw some shapes on the dance floor. A credit to the team ??
Way less than 5 stars
Jun 24, 2022
I will start by saying we only stayed at this ‘resort’ because of a cancelled flight and this is where Delta stuck us. First off I believe the room we were placed in must have been a quarantine room. I think it’s safe to say no one would pay to stay in this room. It was horrible! Clogged sink with broken plunger, no towels, no wash cloths and no hair dryer, a ‘shower’ outside of the shower that should not have been there (major leak). The maintenance man brought tools for the job….. a mop and towels. The beds were less than comfortable and the a/c was less than cool. Not to mention the service was sub par, I believe it was because we were all refugees from cancelled flights and maybe they thought we wouldn’t tip. Who knows? Anywho, they were not very friendly.
I’m just saying stay here at your own risk and do not believe all of the great reviews!
(Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom)
Jun 23, 2022
We stayed here for two weeks and initially I was quite nervous based on some of the reviews but we have absolutely loved our stay here.
I’m going to start off with a couple of minor things that we felt could be improved:
- I think there is a need for seats outside one of the pool bars and potentially food served by the pool. I appreciate some days barbecue food is served by the pool, but other than taking it back to the sunbeds there’s nowhere to sit.
- somewhere other than the lobby bar and sports bar would be great on a night. The lobby bar is often loud, and the sports bar only has high chairs and tables so it’s a bit uncomfortable at times (and after a few drinks)! The staff in both are lovely and very efficient though.
- I think there could be more information given when we arrived. We didn’t realise we could reserve the steak restaurant for example, we didn’t know we could have lunch at Villa Marina until it was mentioned to us by other guests, and also we didn’t know what times pools opened. This info could be given to us either by reception or in writing and it would have been helpful.
- the rooms are slightly dated - but we have no issues and they were perfectly comfortable. Our room was kept perfectly clean by the maids (who were very friendly) and the rooms were massive.
For the good:
- the staff were SO friendly. All the cleaning & maintenance staff were absolutely lovely and always said hello. The bartenders were so lovely, particularly by the pool bars they were always full of energy. The majority of them spoke good enough English - certainly better than my Spanish. There’s a few reviews on here that state they don’t speak English but in a Spanish speaking country, where a lot of the tourists are Spanish speaking, it doesn’t really bother me and frankly I think some of the guests that made comments like that should realise the whole world does not revolve around English speakers…Even the basics “hola” “gracias” “por favor” are greatly appreciated and met with a smile and friendly chat, and not exactly hard to learn. The staff in the sports bar and the pool bar closest to reception were particularly brilliant.
- the food was great. There’s something for everyone and plenty of meat, fish and veggie options. The fresh options, particularly the pasta and Asian cuisine were particularly good. I’m a very fussy eater and I never had any issues. My other half will eat everything and was very happy with the variety on offer.
- the restaurants were good - we ate at the Mexican twice, the American twice and the steakhouse, and only didn’t eat at the others due to my fussy eating, you can go to all of them as many times as you want, which is amazing compared to some other places we’ve stayed at! The only thing I would say is the second time we went to the Mexican and American they brought our mains out before we’d finished our starters which is a big pet peeve of mine but it’s not the end of the world as the food was lovely.
- we didn’t really have much to do with the entertainment but I really want to point out how nice the entertainment team were and they also didn’t force you to do anything. We always got an hola/good morning from them.
- the pool areas were perfectly clean and well maintained and a good size. We had no issues getting sunbeds but we went at the end of the season. The pool closer to reception is the quieter one and we had a nice relaxing time sunbathing around it with many a cocktail.
The other stuff:
- the locals and Puerto Ricans come in on en masse on weekends and it is noticeably busier but we still never had issues getting sunbeds and they weren’t any ruder than some of the other guests. In lower season you will find the hotel is quieter (quite sleepy really) through the week so the difference is noticeable. But they are perfectly entitled to a holiday and it didn’t affect our enjoyment.
- the premium guys (usually in white shirts) were quite persistent at first for us to come to these meetings (the timeshare ones) but after a firm “no gracias, we aren’t interested” on our second day they left us alone, and we didn’t notice any different treatment afterwards.
Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay!
If anyone wants to ask me any questions about the hotel/area or excursions please just pop me a message :)
Not 5 star.
Jun 23, 2022
Good points: friendly staff, rooms cleaned daily , beachfront restaurant for lunch, steakhouse and Japanese restaurant ( you have to queue and book the day you want to go ). The suoni Island tour .
Bad points: weekends busy and boisterous as lots of locals go to stay.
Shop super expensive.....cheapest sun cream £20 and a pack of ibuprofen £15 so bring plenty with you !!
You need to put towels down early if you want a parasol.
Beach a little disappointing.
Entertainment average . Lack of seating.
We went with TUI and the when be booked we were told we could ave 3 requests when booking ( I asked for adjoining rooms, pool view and honeymoon ) none of which were granted. Had to battle to get rooms next to each other!
You get hassled daily to go to timeshare meetings or book trips with local companies. Beware of gropers at foam pool party . Although as a family a pleasant holiday we would not return .
Jun 22, 2022
In short, this resort had some good features....which unfortunately, were overshadowed by 2 major safety concerns. The run down gym had a broken piece of equipment that injured me during my stay. When brought up to the hotel manager (Nelson) he did not take immediate action to correct this issue that was a priority to the health and safety of those using the equipment.
The second concern, and far more troublesome, was that a gentleman swimming in the ocean began to call out for help. I attempted to use the life preserver provided on the beach....however it was so tied up in knots that it made it inaccessible. Thankfully the man's situation turned out to be okay.
Food, music, entertainment and other vacation features all pale to the health and safety of guests and staff. Because of these incidents, and the poor response of management, this hotel earns a low rating.