I'm really surprised to see less than 5 star reviews here. My husband and I have travelled most of the caribbean, some places we have returned 3-4 times.
This has been the best experience by far. A different experience than your regular buffet all inclusive trip but amazing none the less.
We paid $8500CAD as a couple to stay here. We had the highest level room overlooking the whole marina.
- The best food(5 star dining) meaning you also wait for the food to be freshly prepared. Dinner takes the same as it would at a 5 star restaurant but also tastes the same. Sometimes 30-40 minute wait for food. Nothing was stale, always made to order, super fresh. Even very hot when it arrives, fresh from the oven, and delicious, etc.
Be sure to check out hurricane hole, by far the best food.
- The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to accomodate your needs. We upgraded to concierge service, which made our stay 100% easier and better. I can't get over how amazing the butlers are and how easily they made our stay. Highly recommend.
- The rooms are stunning, we had a room overlooking the marina. Beautiful view.
- The beach across from the resort is beautiful, if you head over the rocks with snorkels, some amazing tropical fish, crab, lobster etc.
- Quiet, peaceful, very relaxing. Minimal children present
- Great gym and wellness center(steam room, sauna, massages, cold plunge etc)
- Pools are not heated but we went in everyday to cool off and it felt fine.
CONS(minor cons, definitely not something that ruined our trip by any means):
- The food doesn't really rotate. You are choosing the same food menu for the whole 7 days, from 3-4 different restaurants. The menus aren't big. They can at night run out of menu items but it only happened once.
- The rooms overlooking the marina are a lot of walking, we downgraded after day 1 as it is about 4-5 flights of stairs to get to your room. Mainly because you are on a mountain. Not great for someone with mobility issues
- We did not come with our kids but luckily because this isn't a resort ideal for families.
- The only truly disappointing thing, they are unorganized about return to airport. Nobody is informed. We were told we would be picked up at 230pm, which is about 4 hours prior to our flight. They showed up at 1pm for our bags.
- The loungers by the pool are NOT supposed to be reserved however, some entitled people will wake up at 6am put their towel there and come back at 10am from sleeping to lay down for the day. Then leave for 3 hours for lunch and come back. It is pathetic. The staff(while we were there) enforced a "no reservation" rule as it was getting out of hand. We did move some peoples stuff twice, not the same people, and they were very confrontational(pushed my husband) about it until the staff told them "too bad". They reserved the lounger around 6am, went for a mountain hike for 4 hours and returned back to expect their seat to be available. So entitled. When there are only 5 or 6 available. Don't be afraid to claim a spot if someone is taking advantage. Mostly older entitled people doing this. Thinking us youngins didn't pay the same price or more to stay at the same resort. Eye roll*
Overall, we highly recommend this resort. Keep in mind, this is not your typical resort, it is a health and wellness resort. Very quiet. Mot many activities, meant to be time away from the real world.
We give it 5 stars. You won't regret your stay.
We will also return very soon
Dream Honeymoon Come True
Sep 23, 2023
We stayed at the Zoetry on September 11-18, 2023 for our honeymoon and it was an amazing experience. When we arrived, they greeted us with fresh, lemongrass towels and the check-in process was very smooth. Throughout our stay, we received excellent customer service and loved going on the excursions that the resort offered (definitely do the sunset cruise! And the one with the mud bath and waterfall! The lunch spot on that trip was my FAVORITE food on the whole trip!! It was a creole-style buffet with the owner’s mother’s recipes… incredible *chef’s kiss*) Speaking of, the food at the resort was excellent, too! I highly recommend the coconut shrimp at the Hurricane Hole.
We loved laying by the pool and ordering the sushi and other items on their lunch menu. We spent almost everyday by their gorgeous pools with that stunning view. As others have mentioned in their reviews, be aware that the resort is quite literally on the side of a mountain so it’s very steep and hilly if you have any mobility issues. Also, the beach is not what you typically have in mind for a beach… it’s a small island in the middle of the bay and you have to take a ferry over to it. We still enjoyed it, but just something to keep in mind if the beach experience is important to you! Also be aware that people will try to sell to you the whole time you are on the beach. I took a book down there and I think I got through maybe one chapter since people nonstop kept talking to us trying to sell us rum coconuts lol. But that’s not the resort’s fault. The beach is not owned by the resort, so they don’t have control over the people coming up to you. So we mostly preferred lounging by the pool! I will throw in too that there is nowhere to get things that you may have forgotten (sunscreen, toothbrush, etc..) so be sure to pack everything you need! Granted we did go in the off-season so the shop that’s normally open was closed… but the only other place to get something you need would require a taxi.
Anyway, other than that, a 10/10 experience. I highly recommend a spa service! I got the “rejuvenate” package and it was phenomenal. The staff at the spa was so professional. Everyone at the resort was nice and helpful…a few shoutouts to Karinza (sp?), Cheruby, and Stephanie! Although the entire staff was incredible, they went above and beyond to take care of us. Everyone made us feel right at home. It truly was the honeymoon our dreams. We can’t wait to go back!
(San Diego, California)
Sep 19, 2023
Zoetry Marigot Bay is a lovely option in beautiful Marigot Bay. The resort feels very private and secluded, and the staff are really lovely. One of our restaurant Hostesses, Hilde, was a joy and always greeted us with kindness and enthusiasm. In fact, this is how most of the staff are at this resort! The service is great and the resort is very unique, lush and beautiful.
Great relaxing vacation in paradise
Sep 19, 2023
I cannot say enough about this trip. Everything from the staff to the rooms to the food, 5 stars! We were looking to relax and recharge and that is exactly what we did. Highly recommended to those looking to step off the grid and just enjoy this beautiful location.
Paradise resort at Zoetry Marigot Bay
Sep 17, 2023
All staff are amazing helpful, friendly, lovely. Excellent resort for a peaceful time. Many excursions outside of resort and must do the Friday street mini carnival party.
Would definitely recommend to everyone. We will be back.