We've recently made some changes to our discount code system, so we have done our best to put together some frequently asked questions that we hope will help you.
Why is my code not working?
There could be two reasons for this:
- If you received your discount code BEFORE February 9, 2016, there is a chance that your codes will no longer work for online bookings due to the recent changes we’ve made to our system. Rest assured, you can still redeem your discount by calling us at 1-888-937-8538. Please have your discount codes on hand as they will be required to complete the booking.
- If you received your discount code on or AFTER February 9, 2016, please carefully review the details you received and ensure you are entering the correct code(s) when making your booking:
- If you are booking online with a credit card only, you will require the coupon code (7 or 8-digits)
- If you are using WestJet dollars as a form of payment, go to westjet.com/redeem-rewards. You will require the 7-digit coupon code (web coupon no.) along with the 5-digit promo code – be sure you are entering them into the correct fields. If you want to redeem WestJet dollars but were only provided with an 8-digit coupon code, please call us at 1-888-937-8538 to complete the booking.
I only have a coupon code or a promo code. Do I need both?
You will always receive both a coupon code and a promo code as they are required to receive the discount. If you are booking online with a credit card only, you will be required to enter the coupon code (7 or 8-digits). If you are using WestJet dollars as a form of payment, you will be required to enter both the 7-digit coupon code (web coupon no.) and the 5-digit promo code. If booking via our call centre, or with a travel agent, you will require both codes to complete the booking.
Can I use my discount code on a WestJet Vacations package or group booking?
No, discount codes are not valid on WestJet Vacations packages or group bookings.
Can I combine my discount code with my WestJet dollars?
Yes, but how you complete your booking may differ:
If you received a 7-digit coupon code (web coupon no.) and a 5-digit promo code, you can use your WestJet dollars as a form of payment to make a booking online. Visit westjet.com/redeem-rewards and sign into your WestJet Rewards account.
If you only received an 8-digit coupon code, not a 7-digit coupon code, you will need to call us at 1-888-937-8538 to complete your WestJet dollars redemption booking.
How will I know if my discount has been applied? Can I see it somewhere?
After you’ve entered the codes and selected your flights, the fare breakdown will display the discount on the base fare and any reduction in the goods and services tax (GST). If your itinerary includes any blackout dates (refer to the specific details of the offer), the discount amount displayed will only be for the portion that is eligible.
Can I search for flights with my discount code?
Yes, you can perform as many searches for flights as you like in order to view your options and the discount amount. The discount code will not be officially used until payment is applied.
How do I know if my discount code has already been used?
A used code will generate a message of "You have entered a coupon code that has already been used."
When does my discount code expire?
Discount codes expire at 9:59p.m. Mountain Time on the "book by" date indicated.
What happens if I lose my coupon and/or promo code?
Coupon and promo codes are like paper - if they are lost, they are not retrievable.
Are there any flights that are excluded from discount codes?
Yes. Discount codes are only valid on flights marketed and operated wholly by WestJet (ie. code-share, interline or other airline partners). Other flight restrictions may apply depending on the specific offer details.
Are there any blackout dates on discount codes?
Blackout dates are specific to the offer for each discount code.
What does this error message mean?
"Coupon code is invalid."
There are multiple reasons why your coupon code may be deemed invalid. They are:
- The coupon code entered may not exist or was entered incorrectly. A common mistake is entering a "0" (zero) instead of the letter "O", entering a "1" (one) instead of the letter "I", or vice versa. You may also want to confirm that the code you’re entering is a WestJet discount code.
- The coupon code may have certain blackout date restrictions. Please check the eligible travel dates for your code and try again.
- Some coupon codes are only eligible for use on one booking and cannot be combined with another coupon code from a different or expired offer.
- The coupon code you are using may only be valid for one guest or can only be used once.
"You have entered a coupon code that has already been used."
Your coupon code is a limited or one-time use code, which means it cannot be used for more than one booking.
"You have entered a coupon code that is expired."
Your coupon code cannot be used because the code has expired. When available, you can refer to the original offer details for the expiry date. Please note; we are not able to extend the expiry date on discount codes.