Fantastic! Marco was our server at my brother’s wedding and he was nothing short of perfect! Marco recommended the perfect drink and was on too of things from the start of the reception until the very end. Would highly recommend.
The good and the bad
Jul 04, 2022
First of all let me start by stating hubby and I travel frequently and have been to at least 20 all inclusive resorts with the majority in Mexico so we know what to expect.
The bad...We pull up and say where's the lobby? Enter a small room and they direct us back outside to wait our turn. Now mind you we are a family of 6...2 grandsons, granddaughter and her Mom. Kids have been awake since 4 in the morning waiting at the airport for 2 hours, on an airplane 2 1\2 hours, plus standing in line at customs another hour. They are hungry and restless. We wait an hour and 20 minutes for our name to be called. Once again to the little room only to be told there are too many of us so I must take the kids back outside. There are no seats outside only hard rocks and I now am needed back in the small room to sign. I'm pretty ticked by this point. Room isn't ready but we didn't expect it to be...they will call when it is.
Head out to eat finally! After asking several people we find the buffet and it is awful! Dining area is cool enough however when you enter serving area it is a sauna. Discover later this is the only place that serves breakfast...ugh...hot every single morning to the point you are concerned to eat anything that is supposed to be kept cold. In all fairness I am not a fan of buffets but this was the smallest one I have ever encountered which means fewer choices. You can't even get breakfast meat unless you stand in the heat in the omelet line. People will push and shove you without even an excuse me just rude.
Go back to small room for our bathing suits and 1 of our rooms is ready, hmmmm...where was promised phone call? Perhaps it was with the information about the activities at the resort we didn't receive. We later discovered the resort television information channel after missing several activities we were interested in attending.
Food court is not a food court but 4 snack stations with 2 closed stations. One day I stood in line 45 minutes for suishi for my grandson. This is unacceptable I am paying to be on vacation not waiting in line.
Surf is only operational an hour a day and rock climbing only opened 1 day out of the 5 days we were there.
Ok now the good and there is plenty good about this resort. First of all no wristbands or reservations for restaurants required!
My 7 year grandson loved the splash area and spent the majority of his time in it. They have basketball and the 13 year old and 7 year old found other boys to play...they had so much fun. After getting super hot they loved ordering pina coladas, strawberry daquiris, and Shirley temples! They loved to eat the sushi and pizzas poolside. All 3 grandkids enjoyed the candy bar at the buffet with all the different gummies.
All 6 of us enjoyed every restaurant favorite being hibachi so entertaining. We ate at all 3 but were very disappointed we could not eat at the one we all wanted to try the Bluewater grill. It is adults only and this is supposed to be a family friendly resort. They wouldn't even let us order to go! It's preferred club only during the day adults only at night so don't get your heart set on it if you don't fit their requirements! This resort serves very little seafood compared to others I have visited. We couldn't find fish tacos anywhere.
Service everywhere is incredible. Views are amazing and we were always able to find loungers by the pool. Rooms are huge and well appointed...we had 2 adults and 2 kids in ours with plenty of room. Shower was amazing and all 6 of us loved it after a full day in the sun.
All in all we enjoyed our vacation. Would we come back ? Nope there are better out there... I know we have stayed in some.
Great family vacation after a long wait...
Jul 04, 2022
Stayed at DVC resort as a family of 4 (kids age 7 and 10). Overall the resort was quite impressive. Staff at DVC made our stay very pleasant. Location wise, it is not in a busy area. It is in an enclosed area outside of Cancun. We didn't venture out except to walk to the ferry that takes you to Isla Mujeres (very much recommended day trip). Kids enjoyed the water park and the pool. Food in the restaurants (Asian, Italian & Mexican) was above average for resort food. The buffet was a little disappointing as there was not much variety. Resort is on the quiet side. If looking for a party, then not the one for you. If looking to relax and have quality family time, then it may be the right one.
Summer Wedding --Dreams Vista
Jul 04, 2022
After visiting Dreams Vista Cancun in June of 2021, we decided to have other wedding there in June of 2022.
1. We are Preferred Members and the service, attention to details, and consistency are easily felt. Membership really does have it's privileges.
2. We had 46 guests book rooms and enjoy our membership privileges for the 4 day event. I only mention it again because everyone who came was so appreciative of the service.
3. The rooftop pool staff including
---Benjamin the Boss concierge who made sure we had couches and seats reach day regardless of when we showed up.
---Fernanda, Jesus, and Miriam gave us fast, VIP, service whether lounging or in the pool.
---They actually remembered us from last year
4. The food is average to above average but you can find something for everyone.
5. Carlos and Hector, the Preferred Lounge bartenders served up premium drinks to our specifications and liking.
6. Giselle was out wedding coordinator being trained by Ana. They were very attentive and took care of every thing. We found our rhythm during prep and communication 90 days out and couldn't be any happier with how everything turned out. Genuinely felt their support and happiness for us.
7. So all of that and only a 4 Star? Yes! For us, the wedding packages didn't really suit our needs and we found it impossible to get what we wanted and not pay for things we didn't want. Plus some of the fees are unnecessary and ridiculous.
--Wifey had short hair that requires an experienced stylist. They didn't have the stylist but hair is part of even the base package and we couldn't transfer the privilege to say her mom.
--Same with makeup. We are people of color and require certain products and my wife is particular besides that. Couldn't transfer it to someone else in our group.
--On top of that, we had to pay $150 for each outside service provider. So the included makeup cost $150 + the makeup artist's fees. No way to credit us.
-We didn't have a wedding party so there is no need for a rehearsal dinner
--The list goes on and on and that's why they get a 4. We worked around a few things, but there's a lot of wasted money
With all of that, you cannot beat the staff at Dreams Vista so we are grateful for them and highly recommend giving them a shot!
Overall average, but expected more.
Jul 04, 2022
1. pool size and number of loungers and umbrellas were more than enough.
2. kids pool area is great for young kids.
3. rooms were great (we stayed in one of the rooms with a balcony pool) / beds comfortable/ pillow selection great/ shower and bathroom facilities excellent
4. entertainment was fun (both nightly and daytime)
5. liquor seemed to be all premium liquor
6. restaurants don’t need reservations
7. room service might have been best food on property
1. food isn’t that good (buffet has limited selection nightly, didn’t have much for kids to eat)
2. restaurants were average - food over salted imo.
3. i keep seeing that this is a “new” property, but it doesn’t look like it from the inside
4. preferred club doesn’t seem to be worth it as anyone can walk into the preferred lounge unchecked
5. beach isn’t much of a beach. i like to go to cancun for the beach and water, but the beach was rough (not the normal soft cancun sand) and it’s impossible to get into the water as you have to climb a ladder over the manmade barrier and then the water is murky.
i’ve stayed at a couple other Dreams resorts and i liked others better. probably wouldn’t stay here again