Me and my family went for my son’s birthday and he enjoyed himself. We had Jose as our butler and he was great! Didn’t have no problems. Also if you are not exotic traveler members then you should sign up! best investment ever.
Great eco-friendly, (almost) non-smoking, family-friendly resort!
Nov 28, 2022
1) All the staff are amazing! Most have only worked there about a year (after the COVID pandemic broke I guess), but they are all super friendly and helpful. They work long, hard hours, I don't know how they do it all with a smile.
2) They have a silver rating for environmental responsibility, use compostable cups and recycle.
3) Very few people smoking (like maybe 5, the whole time we were there). Maybe pure happenstance for the week we were there, but it was nice to have clean fresh air everywhere.
4) The characters, of course. Our child doesn't know all the shows, but she appreciated seeing the ones she recognized and taking pictures with them.
5) The beach - clean water, awesome waves!
6) The water park - a nice lazy river, and kids water park with "green slime" near the end of the day
WHAT COULD BE IMPROVED:
1) The food - as vegetarians I'd say yes there were options, but I was not impressed. Also, the buffets could do a better job of keeping the meat and vegetarian dishes separate so that the tongs don't cross-contaminate the food.
2) The salesy presentation for their membership program. Everything was hand written - looked very unprofessional. They also promised a character breakfast for our family, but then charged us for 2/4 of us at checkout (with a small "discount").
This will be the unforgettable family vacation. We had a blast. We would like to come Back sometime soon.
Nov 28, 2022
The room was beautiful and super clean. All of the beds were very comfortable and gave us the modern feel. The outdoor shower and tub was amazing. All of the staff was super accommodating including our butler Jose.
WORST HOTEL FOR KIDS
Nov 26, 2022
I will start by stating how dissatisfied I was with the resort; we booked it last minute, did not have time to do my review before booking, biggest mistake. The room was dirty when we arrived, the sheets on the bed was filthy, and the sliding door was damaged, we could not open and close it. We had to call the front desk to request maintenance and housekeeping. Remember that initial impressions are lasting, so disappointed:(
Nonetheless, we arrived late, so we were exhausted and hungry; we had to wait for maintenance. They took over an hour to arrive, so we missed dinner, maintenance took so long to arrive to the room.
Breakfast in the dining room is terrible; it appears like they brought the food from the night before because it tastes like leftovers. The tables are dirty, and the waiters refuse to assist us, telling us to sit at the dirty tables. Not to mention that I witnessed the servers reuse soiled cups in both the dining room and the water park. I even inquired whether the cups were dirty, I I have recordings to prove it to show they took up dirty cups and reused it.
They are also stingy with food and beverages, acting as though they are doing you a favor when we asked for help. Housekeeping is terrible, and they only clean half of the rooms. There are four people in a room, but they only offer us two bottles of water and two towels. The bed linen is not changed, and the bathroom is filthy and smells terrible.
We didn't want any problems, so we reported it on the day we were leaving. We spoke with Jessy C, the Chief Concierge manager, and she said she would look into the camera. Offered no other help, so I did not waste anymore f my time.
I hope the owners read this review; they DO NOT CARE. They are bad for a well-known company and do not care about your children. There are no activities for your children to participate in, and they offer timeshare. These folks dislike their jobs; this is the worst vacation I've ever taken. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN....SO DISAPPOINTED. I WASTED ALL THIS MONEY, I REGRET IT.
Worst vacation ever
Nov 26, 2022
We had been to this resort before and it was a good experience and the food was also good, we just returned and will never be returning to a karisma resort. The food was down right disgusting, almost inedible. They are extremely pushy to try to sell you on their scam of a time share program the prestige travelers club, but you have to meet with your concierge to get reservations who are the sales people for the travelers club, read google reviews about the preside travelers club! Their concierge offered a service in email that was to be comped, but was on the bill at checkout and were like, nope does not matter it was in writing by that concierge person it’s on your bill, so pay it. The beach was good enough but they did nothing to combat the mountains of seaweed daily, but as we walked up and down the beach noticed other resorts kept up with the heaps of seaweed. You will also weirdly get people from the resort walking around with lobsters on a platter to attempt you to pay for that upgrade. We travel very often to all inclusive s and we’ve never felt so bombarded with up selling as we did at this resort. Overall it was our worst vacation we’ve ever had, and will never stay at another karisma property again.